Friday, May 23, 2008

Ok, Now You Really Need to Go

Women are the most amazing of God's creations. They are natural multitaskers. They run most homes, have the ability to produce life. Carol Burnett once said that if a man wants to know what its like to go through labor, "just pull your bottom lip over your head." If women all over the world sat still, did nothing for one hour the world would stop. Men may think they run the world but it is only because women let us. I had three sisters and was raised predominately by my mother. She gave me the insight of what women can achieve despite the odds. How strong they can be, how much pain they can absorb, both physical and mental without complaint.



Many countries have had or have women as leaders of state. Hillary Clinton with her strong showing in the Democratic primaries has plowed the way for women candidates in the future. Her strength as an opponent, her driving ambition is admirable. Its that ambition that has shown to be her downfall. At some point when you compete for something don't you realize that you've lost. From the reports I hear she is staying in the race "in case something happens." But everything bad that has happened has happened to her. The "white people like me more than him" comment and now the Robert Kennedy assassination is another reason to stay in the race. You know, Kennedy was shot in June and who knows the same could happen again. I know she probably did not mean she was stay in the race in case something happened to Sen. Obama..but a pretty creepy when I heard. it.

I'm not a woman but I can't imagine that the women supporting her candidacy want a champion at any cost.

No comments: