Friday, June 13, 2008

Lost

I used to work in local television for NBC in Washington DC as a news photographer for 11 years. We were located in the same building with the NBC network. I worked the early morning shift. When I would be driving my live truck back to the rear of the building to prepare to go home, I would often run into Tim Russert getting out of his car in the parking lot. I would tease him about hockey in Buffalo, (I was a Detroit Red Wing fan), and he would smile and talk to me a little about hockey and sports. I can't say that he would remember my name but he would recognize me and wave if he couldn't stop. When I told him that my Danish father in law was a huge fan of his and "Meet The Press", he said "Why haven't you brought him by the show?" I did and my father in law was overjoyed to not only to see a taping of the show but to meet Tim and get a picture with him. He was as kind as he was famous. A big shot that never acted like one. Never made you feel inferior but just like you were shooting the shit with any other guy.

I will miss him..

No comments: