Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Man Tagged

One of my two readers has tagged me. I feel honored. I felt honored as soon as my wife explained to me the importance of being tagged. Then I felt honored and important. I was tagged by this lady. Let's see, random facts, and 7 of them.


1. I was born with 6 fingers. On one hand. Unfortunately, a surgeon removed my extra finger just after I was born. I would have like to have kept it. I think it would have made me very interesting. I do not get to brag about this as often as I would like, because it does not come up in conversation easily.


2. The first time I visited with my mother in law we went for a walk. She lived in a very white, upper crust European neighborhood. The kind with tree lined streets, cobblestoned sidewalks, and lots of classy Europeans walking insane, and tiny little dogs. I lost my balance and fell on top of her. She was carrying groceries. I was holding a cigar that I was smoking. The groceries rolled all over the tree lined street. My mother in law broke her arm in 3 places. I am a big guy. I did not drop my cigar though. The classy Europeans and their little annoying dogs thought that I had mugged her. I could see it in their faces. My mother in law forgave me eventually and was mostly mad at me because I had ruined her golf game for the summer.


3.  I won an Emmy a long time ago. My wife dropped it during our move and it broke. She has not told me this yet. But I figured it out when I saw it in the back of her car. She tried to cover it up with some bags. She reads my blog once in a blue moon, so now she will know that I know. She will blame her sister.

4. I won a singing contest on a cruise liner once. I sang 'Someone to Watch over Me' and rocked the boat.


5. I have been trying to learn to speak Danish for over 7 years. I can only say 'the pink car is old'. This does not come up very often in conversation either. Danish is very difficult.


6. I was educated by Quakers for the first 8 years of schooling. And no, I did not wear those funky shoes with the big buckles.

7) As an 8 year old I looted a jar of peanut butter which I shared with my fellow 8 year old accomplis. As a result we both got very sick.


2 comments:

filoli said...

2 readers...lol...first, I too am disappointed that you do not have your 11th finger. My baby brother-in-law is missing his pinky on one hand and we call him "the Simpson." You fell on your in-law...hee hee hee...and I love that you outed your wife about breaking your emmy on your blog! Love it!

los cazadores said...

LOL - I just laughed out loud. I am a reader too, although I don't put anyone on RSS feed - mostly just because I'm lazy and can't be bothered; therefore, I appear as a stalkerish no doubt since I then have to check people's blogs like 10 times day just to see if they've updated. You'd think I would remedy this by just subscribing to RSS feed and giving in to the trend. I can't though, it's now become a psychological challenge, I'm going to wait to subscribe to that until the very last second - just as I waited to get a cell phone, or cable.

The part about falling on your in-law made me guffaw aloud.

Cindy