Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Words Matter..

Did you see McCain and Obama yucking it up at the Al Smith Dinner? I have to admit I had no idea who Al Smith was until I saw this on the news. Yeah, like you knew who he was. Anyway, I thought they were both very funny. Especially John McCain. It made it almost a shame that that John McCain didn't show more in this campaign. I never thought of Barack Obama being a funny but he pulled it off.

The television networks played the jokes all day long but the best part for me were Senator Obama's comments at the end about the people that were not as fortunate to be dress in white tie and tails.




I think that Governor Palin is a good communicator as well. She deliver the party line in a way that is understandable in a plain spoken way. Either way, eloquent or plain spoken words matter When you use them to accuse someone of being anti American, not like us, a terrorist. These words incite responses like "traitor" and "kill him."

Hopefully, words of compassion, empathy and unity can be just as powerful.

1 comment:

los cazadores said...

Ohmy, that video was so good, I watched it twice. thanks for posting it...I had not seen it before.

Cindy